I love pictures. And as you may notice a trend with this blog – I think a good visual aid is helpful in getting a point across.
I haven’t been a photographer for hire for the last several years. It was a hard decision to make, closing my photography business, but something had to give. Three kids, a very un-glamorous (I know, not a real word) day job of keeping books for hubby’s landscaping company and writing. I still take portraits of family and friends as a gift and that seems to satisfy that part of me.
And truthfully - taking pictures and writing are eerily similar pursuits. They both tell a story.
Now for visiual aid examples!
Love - My oldest (as in time, not age...she would kill me if I didn't clarify this!) friend that got married this past summer.
| They got married on this rock overlooking the Arkansas River. Awesome view! |
New beginnings - My youngest on the day after he was born.
![]() |
| Look at those lips! Super kissable! |
![]() |
| And they would do it, too. |
A great writer creates stunning visuals in the reader’s head through words alone -weaving stories that grow into beautiful images. A story of love, or new beginnings or even creating a little mischief. This is my goal. What's yours?


Your photos are gorgeous!
ReplyDelete