This year is the SCBWI 13th Annual Winter's Conference in NYC! And since I joined the Lucky 13s blog and will be debuting in 2013 - I took that as a sign to attend. But what's equally exciting is that I will (finally) meet - in person - my fab agent, Sarah Davies and my awesome editor Emily Meehan while I'm there! Woo hoo!
But I'll also be in the Big Apple this weekend! A group of friends are taking their daughters to celebrate turning 13! Yes, another sign - I must go too! "But wait," you say, "you don't have a 13 yr old daughter. Or any daughter for that matter. All you talk about are those boys!"
I know - and that's the beauty of it. I'm going as the "Favorite Aunt!" I get all the fun of watching these girls experience New York, shopping with them, attending some shows (Wicked, Mama Mia and the Rockettes!) with them - with none of the responsibility! The trips my hubby and sons plan consist of camping out in some remote wilderness place where war has to be waged against all the bugs and wildlife in order to get a decent night's sleep. But this is a trip with shopping - and other females. I can't resist.
If any of you have ever been - I'd love any recommendations: things to do, places to eat, anything that's a must for New York...
First of all, congrats on your book!
ReplyDeleteSecond, have a great time in NY. There's so much to do. Eat some great food (I can't even begin to start with that one). Have fun in Dylan's Candy Bar. Go to Central park and walk around, maybe ice skate. See if you can make it up to the Cloisters. Or not. Just have fun!
Oh yes all those 13's are a definite sign!! I went to that conference last year and used to live in NYC, so yeah, a gazillion places in my head. Just make sure to get some NYC pizza, and if it's your first time, def. do all the touristy things! :-))
ReplyDeleteCheck out the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Mass at St. Patrick's Cathedral, magnificent, Lincoln Center, Carrriage ride thru Central Park; thirsty, try Serendipity, the $1000.00 Chocolate Sunday, they have others of course, Sinatra's favorite !! A good Italian Restaurant , Tony's on west 57th.LOVE NEW YORK!!
ReplyDeleteHave fun cuz.
Ciao, Phyl
Natural sources of energy can be unpredictable, which is why you should always have a back-up plan. Find out more about net-metering plans: in most towns, you will be allows to hook your system to the main power grid and use it when there is not enough sun or wind for your green energy solution to function properly.bhakti Bhajan
ReplyDelete