Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The 80s are calling...they want their hair back.

I almost hate to admit this…but I had my 20th high school year reunion last weekend. Yes, 20 years. And honestly, I don’t know where all the time went because in my mind’s eye – I’m still 26.
But this is what I learned at my reunion (and I don’t do Facebook or anything like that nor do I live in the town where I graduated so most people were a surprise to me!):
1.      It really feels like you just left. Or for me anyway. There were a few girls I’d gone to school with from kindergarten to Senior year but haven’t seen them since. And I swear we picked up right where we left off.
2.     The guys have a lot less hair now – and some of them on purpose. Many a shaved head last Saturday night.
3.     My hubby is a super good sport! He listened to hours of “Remember when…” without any complaint. He really deserves a prize.
4.     High school nick-names stick. Quite a few guys probably wish that was not the case!! (You know who you are!)
5.     No matter how cute you want to look – 4 inch heels are a bad idea. Very bad.

And now for a really bad 80s pics:

Yes, that is a giant bow across my chest. My mother made me take this pic right before my date picked me up for prom my junior year. I look thrilled, right. And what's even worse is my hair looks the exact same! Maybe time for a new do.




6 comments:

  1. I like that dress! I think you look so pretty! And to be perfectly honest, I wouldn't believe that was TWENTY years ago - no way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think those bows are back in style I saw a Mother-of-the groom wearing one last weekend...I'm headed to my 30th reunion...yikes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been to a reunion--I moved too many times over the school years and never got very attached to the schools or people in them.

    BTW, the prom dress was very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never braved a reunion. Mostly because high I hated high school so thoroughly I can't shake the blechy feeling. But this was a really fun post.

    I'm a semi new reader. But I love the blog and I'm sending an award your way. Come by and pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWWW I think you look sweet! Well my twentieth has come and gone *cough* and I'm still 29! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so not a bad 80s picture of you. You should see mine. Oh my!
    BTW...I think your blog is just great!

    ReplyDelete